Agua fresca is a refreshing drink made from fresh fruit. Enjoy on a hot day, after exercise, on the beach, during happy hour, or whenever you like!
Serves: 4-6 (6 cups)
Time: 20 minutes
- 2 cup Naturipe Strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 3 cups filtered water, divided
- 3 cups watermelon cubes
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons cane sugar
- 4 Naturipe Strawberries, for garnish (optional)
- 4 slices watermelon, for garnish (optional)
- Combine strawberries and 1/2 cup water in a blender and blend until fruit is pureed and liquid is smooth. Place a fine mesh strainer over a large bowl and pour over the strawberry puree. Gently help work the puree through the strainer to remove the seeds and excess pulp (there should be about 1-2 teaspoons seeds and pulp remaining in strainer). Rinse out blender and discard pulp.
- Add strained strawberry liquid back into the blender. Add watermelon and remaining water and blend until fruit is pureed and liquid is smooth. Repeat straining process (there should be about 1 tablespoon seeds and pulp remaining in strainer). Rinse out blender and discard pulp.
- Add strained fruit liquid back into the blender. Add lime juice and sugar and blend to combine.
- To serve, pour agua fresca into 4-6 glasses over ice. Garnish with a fresh strawberry and watermelon slice, if desired.