Yes, you can make delicious home-made ice cream without investing in specialty tools! All you need is a hand mixer (or whisk if you’re strong!) plus a few other common utensils to whip up our No Churn Blueberry and Toasted Coconut Ice Cream.
Total Time: 6 hours or overnight
Active Time: 30 minutes
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 1 cup Naturipe Blueberries
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Spread coconut flakes on a baking sheet and toast in the oven until coconut turns golden-brown, about 5-7 minutes. Transfer to a dish and set aside to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, add blueberries and sugar to a small saucepan and set over medium heat until sugar dissolves and berries have just begun to burst, about 5 minutes. Transfer blueberries to a dish and place in the freezer to completely cool, about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally to help release heat.
- When coconut and blueberries are cooled, whisk together sweetened condensed milk, coconut oil, vanilla and salt in a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form. Fold cream into the milk mixture, then fold in cooled toasted coconut and cooled blueberries. Transfer to a loaf pan and freeze for at least 5 hours or overnight.