Perfect for picnics, parties and potlucks, this hearty salad can act as a side dish to grilled chicken, steak or salmon or be served as a vegetarian main dish. A simple dressing of lemon juice and olive oil allows the flavors and textures of the main ingredients to shine!
- 1 cup farro
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups arugula
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 Naturipe Avocado, peeled, pitted and cut into cubes
- ¼ cup Naturipe Blueberries
- ¼ cup Naturipe Strawberries, sliced
- ¼ cup Naturipe Blackberries
- ½ cup Naturipe Raspberries
- Prepare farro according to package instructions. Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate until cooled.
- Combine cooled farro, chickpeas and arugula in a large bowl. Add olive oil, lemon juice and salt and toss to coat.
- Fold in avocado and berries. Serve immediately.