Provides sales coordination, phone and administrative support to the sales team. This work includes communicating with and coordinating orders with customers and suppliers, order management, assisting the sales team with reports, and serving as a source of support for the product and account manager.
- Direct Supervisor: Senior Account Manager
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Responsible for order coordination, order entry, order follow-up and customer notification of changes and customer confirmations as needed, claims, collections and consignment closure.
- Assists sales team in answering telephones, preparation of reports, documents, and memos, collection of short pays, and other activity as required.
- Coordinates shipments and communicates with shippers/growers daily
- Other duties as assigned
- Be available after normal business hours/weekends for any issues that may arise.
Quantitative Data/Job Dimensions
- Order entry – approximately 10,000 + orders per year
- Order manifests – approximately 10,000 + per year passings
- Coordinates up to three managers phone calls
Qualifications and Skills Required
- College degree preferred. Associates (2 year) degree minimum.
- 5 years plus experience in office or produce environment.
- Intermediate or greater skills with Windows, Microsoft Excel, and Word required, with ACT contact Management software skills a real plus.
- SAP experience a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent inter-personal skills and phone etiquette.
- Ability to work independently and thrive in a cooperative team environment.
- Ability to work in a professional, confident manner.
- Ability to accept responsibility and make competent decisions independently.
- Enjoys a fast-paced environment
- Timely arrival for early mornings as required.
- Import/Export documentation, Itrade and Foodlink experience a plus.
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred. Knowledge of produce industry a plus.