Under the general direction of the Director of Marketing Innovation and Sustainability, the Marketing Project Manager is responsible for delivering department projects on time, within budget, and within scope. The candidate will be passionate about driving projects to completion while keeping a keen eye on the details involved every step of the way. This person should be skilled at getting the best out of people and the projects they manage and thrive when executing projects and working with diverse teams.
The Marketing Project Manager will provide project management support for all Naturipe SBU’s as well as Private Label Brands including: packaging artwork and specifications, Trade Events and general Product Management/Sales Support. The Marketing Project Manager will manage the overall planning, control, status reporting and delivery of marketing projects to ensure that goals and objectives are met within the agreed upon time, scope, budget, and resources.
- Supervisor: Director, Marketing Innovation and Sustainability
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Maintain brand consistency across all partners, regions and products
- Create, distribute and approve all packaging artwork.
- Work with retail customer’s online packaging management systems for private label and general specifications.
- Support sales and maintain internal packaging specifications in SAP
- Review and confirm that all packaging is compliant with USDA, FDA, CFIA and organic regulations.
- Coordinate Trade Events between outside vendors, sales and marketing staff
- Manage all product samples requests as well as trade show packaging and fruit needs.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
Maintain Brand consistency across all partners, regions and products
- Help to create and maintain a packaging brand guideline document that can be distributed to all current and new packaging suppliers.
- Build and maintain an internal spec/cheat sheet for creating and proofing packaging artwork.
- Organize and maintain database of all packaging.
Create, distribute to vendors and approve all packaging artwork
- Create packaging artwork in illustrator, distribute directly or through online packaging management program.
Coordinate retail customer’s online packaging management systems for private label and specifications (Kroger VIP, 1Worldsync, TJ’s GORP and other platforms)
- Upload as needed packaging specifications for retail customers.
- Download and approve private label packaging.
Support sales and maintain internal packaging specifications in SAP
- Work with IT to maintain our internal product specification system in SAP.
- Work with partners to maintain accurate specifications.
Review and confirm that all packaging is compliant with regulatory agencies including organic certifiers
- Work closely with translators, legal consultants and regulatory agencies to make sure any packaging changes are compliant.
- Confirm all organic certifications are current prior to season.
Coordinates Trade Events between outside vendors, sales and marketing staff
- Booth updates and maintenance
- Registrations, sponsorships, product coordination, sales materials etc.
- Lead Convention and Tradeshow committee
- Utilize this team to coordinate various details for events
- Onsite coordination and setup
Manage all product samples requests as well as trade show packaging and fruit needs
- Work with partners on samples request and manage overnight shipping supplies.
- Work with sales and marketing staff on trade show fruit orders and packaging needs.
Qualifications and Skills Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Packaging Science, Project Management or closely related field with 5+ years’ relevant experience working in packaging design field and project management
- Strong organization and computer skills including Adobe Suite, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Above average skills in proofreading/attention to detail
- Time management and ability to coordinate outside vendor activity
- Strong organizational skills and ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously
- Self-motivated team player with results oriented attitude and creative background
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills
- Travel required up to 40% of time