Serve this sweet breakfast bake at your next brunch party! This recipe serves nine portions.
- 1 loaf (14 ounces) egg challah or other white bread
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 1 ½ cups milk
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 2 cups Naturipe™ Organic Blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Remove crusts from bread and cut in 1-inch cubes (makes about 10 cubes).
- Cut cream cheese in small cubes (makes about 1 cup).
- Grease baking dish and place half of the bread cubes in the dish.
- Scatter cream cheese cubes and 1 cup of blueberries over the bread.
- Top with remaining bread cubes and blueberries.
- In a bowl, combine eggs, milk, maple syrup and butter.
- Carefully pour over bread mixture.
- Bake for 60 minutes and serve with additional maple syrup, if desired.