Flavorful Berry Salad Dressings
Making homemade salad dressing is one of the easiest things to make in the kitchen, and only takes a few minutes! A berry dressing can provide a sweet taste to any salad but also add a nutritional value. Berries are packed full of nutrients and when combined with a hearty salad, it will provide essential vitamins and minerals you need in a meal! So check out these flavorful berry salad dressings….because even salads need to get dressed!
Blackberry Vinaigrette from Little B Cooks
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blackberries
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp stone ground mustard
- 1/2 tsp garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp agave nectar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
In a blender or food processor add the blackberries, vinegar, mustard, garlic and agave. Blend until smooth, then slowly add the olive oil, blending until smooth again. Strain mixture through a strainer to remove all the seeds. Add a little salt and pepper to taste. If you want it sweeter, add a little more agave.
Cranberry Vinaigrette from Simply Gourmet
- 2 cups of fresh cranberries, washed
- 1/2 cup of orange juice
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon of white sugar
- 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 cup of red onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon of dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/4 cup of cranberry sauce
- Sprinkle of clove, to taste
- Sprinkle of cinnamon, to taste
- 1/2 cup of light olive oil
In a blender combine all of the above ingredients EXCEPT the olive oil.
Blend until small specks of cranberry can be seen.
Once it is blended, turn your blender onto medium speed and slowly add the olive oil.
Taste. If too tart, add a bit more sugar.
Cranberries can be extremely tart.
Salad dressing can be used immediately or stored in refrigerator for one week.
Raspberry Poppy Seed Dressing from Fort Mill SC Living
- 2 tablespoons grated sweet onion
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoon poppy seeds
Combine everything except oil and poppy seeds in a blender and blend until smooth.
Gradually add in oil with blender running, stir poppy seeds and refrigerate.
Blueberry and Sweet Basil Salad Dressing from The Big Giant Food Basket
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- half a medium shallot chopped
- one tablespoon basil chopped
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- and a pinch of Kosher salt.