Field Notes Blog
Berries are inherently full of nutrient-rich building blocks such as antioxidants, phytochemicals, flavanoids, carotenoids, polyphenols, vitamins, and minerals. It’s these components that are known to be beneficial to the skin, most often used for their anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. Plus they smell delicious!
- Anthocyanin. The pigment responsible for the deep red, purple, and blue colors in many plants. It is a powerful antioxidant that helps mitigate damage from free radicals on the skin.
- Ellagic acid. An antioxidant that protects skin from sun damage and hinders the formation of an enzyme that breaks down elastin and collagen in the skin. This combination creates a one–two punch against wrinkles.
- Essential fatty acids. A crucial element for general health, they can improve skin’s hydration and smoothness, and reduce inflammation.
- Vitamin C. A strong antioxidant that protects skin from free radicals. It hydrates the skin and increases collagen and elastin levels.
Try this DIY Berry Lipstain for a natural beauty look
- 3 Blackberries (for their bright berry color),
- 1 Raspberry (for its feminine pink color)
- 3 Pomegranate Seeds (for their vibrant red color)
- 1/2 teaspoon edible oil (I used Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
- a small Bowl + Spoon (or mortar + pestle if you have them)
- Fork or Sifter to drain
- small 5-gram Pot/Jar with screw top from any craft store
STEP 2: Add the pomegranate juice into the mixture by individually squeezing them between your thumb and index fingers over the bowl.
STEP 3: Pour the olive oil into the bowl and stir everything together with your spoon.
STEP 4: Finish by draining the liquid from the mixture into your small portable jar.
For application, use your fingers, a lip brush or a Q-tip. It’ll only be good for a few days so refrigerate it for longevity.
Read full article at Organic Gardening
DIY Lipstain from The Beauty Department