Field Notes Blog
November is Cranberry season and with the approaching Thanksgiving holiday you’re guaranteed to have some left over cranberry sauce. You may be pondering what you should do with this tart and tangy sauce and we have a solution for you.
Cranberries pair well with an assortment of flavors and foods:
Turkey, Sweet Potatoes, Cream, Pumpkin, Raisins, Apple, Chocolate, Cinnamon, Citrus, Mango, Mint, Pear
When combined with cranberries, it can result in a rush of sweet and savory flavor that will have your taste buds thanking you! Here are a few tips on what to do with that leftover cranberry sauce.
- 1. Use as Poptart insides – Cut Pie Crust Dough into rectangles, spoon your desired amount of sauce onto dough and cover with another piece of dough. Bake at 425 for 7-8 minutes until golden brown.
- 2. Combine with Brie – Heat up the brie, grab some crackers and enjoy!
- 3. Toss into a smoothie
- 4. Stir into a bowl of oatmeal
- 5. Make a leftover thanksgiving sandwich – use the sauce as a spread
- 6. Use a spoonful on a baked sweet potato
- 7. Use it as relish for any meat dish
- 8. Use as a topping for ice cream or cake!
- 9. Make salad dressing
- 10. Add it to apple sauce
All this talk about cranberry sauce making your mouth water? Lucky for you, Naturipe has created a Fresh Cranberry Sauce Kit, which delivers great-tasting cranberry sauce in less than 5 minutes! This item is brand new and only available in limited quantities this year. To kick off the holiday season and to give you a chance to try the kit, we had our friends at RecipeLion put together a Naturipe Farms Fresh Cranberry Sauce Kit Giveaway! Entering the contest is oh-so easy, just follow this link and you’re on your way to cranberry sauce heaven – http://www.recipelion.com/sweeps/Naturipe-Farms-Fresh-Cranberry-Sauce-Kit-Giveaway
To learn more about our fresh cranberries click HERE